Monday, January 26, 2009

F.O.M.O.



I heard about this on a chef's blog and it dawned on me that I have this fear.

Fear Of Missing Out.

First discovered this fear when I was living in Hawaii. It was early Saturday morning and I was sleeping in - but in the other room I could hear people rustling around and talking quietly about visiting a farmer's market. It was SO early and I was desperate to sleep in, but it kept nagging at me - what if I missed out on something?

I dragged myself out the door and off we went to the market. I grumbled the entire way hoping against hope that it would be a spectacular market, the market of all markets. As we walked up I could see maybe a dozen vendors. Things were not looking good - as I walked by this one booth, I noticed baskets of these goodies that I had never seen before. The lady gave me one to try with some amazing dipping sauce. I was hooked - to this day I can recall the sheer bliss at discovering the most delicious food. I bought a dozen more and enjoyed these babies all day. Pretty sure they were a fried wonton, all crisp and golden with a mouth watering sauce.

Ever since that day, I have gone to everything, never opting to sleep in - just in case I miss something.

Which has little to do with soap and all things Splurge like, but I thought I'd drop a note to let you know we're back in the studio creating and even this weekend made a batch of Chai Tea Soap for a special order and it was so good to be back in Splurge land.

Blessings and don't be afraid of F.O.M.O.

splurge sisters

No comments: