Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Want a recipe to make the most drool worthy jam that kids and adults will swoon for?



Photo Credit: Wikipedia





Smaller Icon For Two Blooms Newsletter on Website photo 2b7bb777-1362-4306-8f80-d00029bcb285.png 
 

Do you want to make the most drool worthy jam that kids and adults will swoon for?

Not sure when it all started but the fascination with jam has been a long standing one.  Originally from Toronto I remember Damson plum season and the first time I tried that jam, my taste buds explored over it’s distinctively rich taste. Let’s just say I’ve been on the Damson plum jam hunt ever since.   Every year I had to buy this delicate treat.

Then I moved to beautiful Vancouver Island years ago and it’s been hard to find Damson plum jam. I’m sure it’s somewhere but I haven’t found it yet and if I have it hasn’t tasted like the one I had in Toronto.

So since I couldn’t make Damson plum jam here and we have pear trees in our yard, we often make pear jam. Well one day a happy accident happened and we came up with a ginger/pear combination that rivals the Damson plum variety. Our variety has thick chunks of pear and ginger throughout and it’s made without pectin so it’s more of a marmalade. Okay just writing about this is making me hungry and I’m dreaming of toasting a slice of bread with this chunky beauty smeared all over my toast.

What, you want the recipe? Well here is it and it’s free.  Gratis.  My treat to you.  To top it all off it’s only 4 ingredients.
  • 8 pounds of pears
  • 4 pounds of sugar
  • ¼ pound fresh ginger
  • 3 lemons

  1. Wash, quarter, core, pare and chop pears.
  2. Add sugar and ginger and let stand overnight.
  3. Add lemons, sliced thinly; cook slowly for 3 hours.
  4. Bottle up.
  • Spread on toast or a bagel
  • Put a few spoonfuls in plain organic yogurt
  • Add some to your home made or store bought granola
  • Top a fruit bowl for a quick breakfast in the morning
So there you have it, a simply delicious ginger/pear marmalade that will delight your family or friends. What is your favourite jam recipe?

Like this post, head to our new blog home.
Hi, I’m Michelle the founder of Two Blooms Design Studio Est. 2002. I’m in charge of production, designing all of our labels in house, photography, customer service, alchemist behind all of our scent blends, designer, creator and pretty much whatever else needs to be done.


 

 

2 comments:

grantrhys0 said...

Hi!
This pear jam sounds delish, how is the ginger prepared please...peeled, grated?
Thank you
Denise

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Denise,

Peeled and grated or chopped finely.

Michelle