How to prevent headaches
We all know that water is important for good health but how many of us struggle with it? I know I find it difficult. Sure I can drink hot teas and coffee and those do count some what towards hydration but plain water is key. We've all heard that drinking 8 glasses of water is the ideal but recently it was considered a guideline and not a fact based on science. That doesn’t mean we should give up drinking water.
Your body is made up of 60% water and we lose a lot of water every day through breathing, skin evaporation and so on . Water allows the body to function ie. digestion, providing nutrients, maintaining body temperature etc.
Here is why drinking water is key:
- It can reduce your risk of colon, bladder and possibly breast cancer.
- Keeps you from getting dehydrated and irritated
- Prevents headaches. Side note when I feel a headache coming on I start chugging a lot of water and I grab my Tension Tamer Aromatherapy roll on
and rub it under my nose, along the back of my neck and along my temples. Both of these tips have prevented me from getting migraines. As I mentioned earlier I struggle with getting enough water and I’m prone to migraines.
- It’s needed for normal cell function.
- Could help you lose weight
- Gives you glowing skin. For an extra perk in that area try our Organic Azulene Face Elixir
Rose Face Cream.
- Provides a brain boost. This study how drinking water can boost your grades.
How do you know when you’ve had enough water?Your urine should be clear.
Here are a few recipes you can try:
Minty Cucumber Lime1/2 cucumber, sliced
1/2 lime, sliced
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Strawberry-Lemon with Basil1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 lemon, sliced
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
My favourite recipes involve water with lemon or lime. Or I adda few slices of cucumber. The other day all I had was frozen blueberries so I plopped them into the water and then ate the blueberries when I was finished.
What is your favourite water recipe?
Like what you read? Follow our blog home here
Hi, I’m Michelle the founder of Two Blooms Design Studio Est. 2002. I’m in charge of production, designing all of our labels in house, photography, customer service, alchemist behind all of our scent blends, designer, creator and pretty much whatever else needs to be done.