Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Best Coconut Custard Pie Now



The Best Coconut Custard Pie Now

Smaller Icon For Two Blooms Newsletter on Website photo 2b7bb777-1362-4306-8f80-d00029bcb285.png
Many of you will remember The Classic British Dessert Recipe I did many posts back.  It was one of our most popular posts. I think it's because custard is a favourite. It's comforting, sweet, yet light and the sunny cheery colour just perks up your mood. It's perfect almost any time of the day which reminds me of our naturally blissfully scented candles that bring about that cozy warm feeling. Even better why not have a piece of pie while you light one of our candles on a rainy fall evening. If you loved that recipe you will love this one even more. It's one of my all time favourites from my mom's recipe book and I've perfected the recipe. I love how light it tastes and it has no crust so gluten free people can rejoice.  This recipe is not vegan and I have not yet attempted to try it without eggs.  If you do try that let me know as I'm not sure if it would work well or not. The eggs give it the flurry sponge like texture.

The Recipe:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of flour (gluten free flour can be used here)
  • 3/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of shredded coconut flakes
  • 3 TBSP of margarine
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 1 tsp of vanilla


Put all the ingredients in the blender (I love using my Vitamix) except the coconut flakes and blend several seconds.  Then add the coconut. Pour into a greased 10" pan. The pie will form it's own crust.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.  Serves 8.
It's delicious on it's own but feel free to add maple syrup as a topping. To make it even more decadent it's wonderful with ice cream, frozen yogurt or add some raspberries or blueberries on top.
I'd love to hear your thoughts it you give it a try.
See our blog posts right as they are published.
Hi, I’m Michelle the founder of Two Blooms Design Studio Est. 2002. I’m in charge of production, designing all of our labels in house, photography, customer service, alchemist behind all of our scent blends, designer, creator and pretty much whatever else needs to be done.

No comments: