Thursday, July 02, 2015

Why Typing Isn't To Blame


Here is yesterday's blog post that I forgot to post.


Today is a guest post from Caron (the other bloom in Two Blooms)

Long ago, I missed a week of high school due to some cold/flu sickness going around.  It was the week that we learned the numbers row in typing.  STOP READING if you don’t recognize the word t-y-p-i-n-g, this post will make no sense to you :)

So when I returned the following week, everyone was proficient typing out their numbers.  I tried to catch up but never did.  Finished the whole class ‘hunting and pecking’ for numbers and apparently passed.

I blame that week on a lot of things.  “Well, no I am not a brain surgeon, I can’t type numbers fast enough”. 

But today, while driving I started blaming my lack of: business skills/having a husband/being a millionaire on not learning to type numbers.  I actually went through the whole conversation in my head and managed to loop the blame back to that week of missed typing.

For me, it goes back to wanting what I don’t have.  Why isn’t Taylor Swift Instagramming about me?  Why don’t I get every account in the city?  Why do I have to work so hard late at night stamping soaps?  Sounds like a pity party doesn’t it?

Every morning when I get up I’ve started doing these gruelling exercises, they only take about 5 minutes but I hate them and they’re hard to do.  Yesterday I actually tried to hide under the covers because I didn’t want to get up to do these stupid exercises.  I started justifying why I shouldn’t have to do them (and no, I didn’t think about the missed week in typing and then I thought, ‘I am lucky to be able to move my body, I am privileged to have the freedom to exercise, this isn’t a hardship, this is my rent to live in this body’.

And I jumped up and did the whole sequence.  And this morning I got up and didn’t whine at all, I just got down to it.
For me, turning it around really helped and not that YOU ever whine/complain/envy – but if you did, how could you turn it around?  Share it with me, I love feedback!

See our blog posts right when they are published.

 About Caron:  Caron is one of the blooms of Two Blooms Design Studio Est. 2002. She is the dreamer, production manager and the social media wannabe. Caron is married to the word adventure and she will never stop dreaming.  
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments: