Friday, June 26, 2015

How Do You Handle Defeat?

Photo Credit: Pinterest

I’ll admit it I’ve been trying to plan out my blog posts for the week. Monday is a recipe, Tuesday is about travelling, etc. Then when inspiration strikes I try to write while the moment is fresh but I did that earlier this week and lost the whole thing. I haven’t really recovered after that moment. Yes I rewrote it but it just doesn’t feel the same as it did in the first draft so I’ve shelved it for now and it may appear another day.
We recently faced some crushing blows and we rant and rave about it at the time like the world is coming to an end (it’s not really by the way). We stew, we furrow, we brainstorm, stew some more.   There is that moment of  "I can’t take it anymore" and "I’m tired" but the fight that burning passion is what keeps us going.
Then we usually sit and have a nice cup of tea and a wee treat and somehow it’s all a bit more bearable.  There is the constant reinvention though and the ever evolving stream of ideas that never ceases. Good thing we are creative artisans after all.
So when faced with defeat do you want to throw in the towel? How do you push forward and see the light at the end of what seems like a never ending tunnel?

Photo Credit: Pinterest

For us it’s a matter of perspective and sometimes just the sinking your heels in and moving forward and doing your best to move past it and through it is the best you can do.  Looking at the pros and cons and trying not to question the why’s and realizing that maybe it wasn’t meant to be after all.
I'm reminded of this verse:  "Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead," Philippians 3:13 NIV
See our posts right when they get published on our new blog.

About Michelle
Michelle is one of the blooms and founder of Two Blooms Design Studio Est. 2002. She is in charge of production, designing all of our labels in house, photography, customer service, alchemist behind all of our scent blends, designer, creator and pretty much whatever else needs to be done.

No comments: