Thursday, May 28, 2015

Beauty in the Tried, Tired and True


I remember it clearly almost as if it was yesterday. My friends and I would squeeze our feet into our pointe shoes like it was a rite of passage and get ready for our ballet class to begin. I had the type of feet that were very sensitive and felt pain acutely but to my friends I pretended I didn't really feel it. You see I was obsessed with dance from a young age and longed to be one of those lithe perfect ballerinas in their pink tutus and graceful arms with perfect pointe precision.

My best friend and I would often talk ballet and what pointe shoes we liked best. We started with Capezio but then I fell in love with Freed's because of their wider toe box. For some reason this brand seemed to lighten the pain ever so slightly. No matter how much lambs wool I shoved into the toe box, the pain was still there and my shoes, tights and leotard were well worn.

Mom always said you could tell a new dancer by the way she dressed. Usually she had a new pair of shoes and new leotard but the well seasoned ones wore old clothes and focused on comfort.

Now years later I'm I bringing beauty to people's senses by creating handcrafted goods including apothecary, candles and home decor products. After 13 years in this business my sister and I have some of our original tools that we started with. It took us 7 years to save up for a custom mold and it wasn't until year 11 that we got a tank type cutter. The wait was worth it because when these new items arrived we were so grateful and appreciative of the journey we had travelled along the way. If something works well, why replace it we say?

 Now years later I'm I bringing beauty to people's senses by creating handcrafted goods including apothecary, candles and home decor products. After 13 years in this business my sister and I have some of our original tools that we started with. It took us 7 years to save up for a custom mold and it wasn't until year 11 that we got a tank type cutter. The wait was worth it because when these new items arrived we were so grateful and appreciative of the journey we had travelled along the way.



 If something works well, why replace it we say?

Check out our new blog.

Michelle

No comments: