Monday, October 13, 2014

Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Happy Blessed Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian friends. Hope you are having a wonderful day. We are taking a rare day off.

I was so inspired by this recipe I found on Poppytalk Handmade
that I just went for a walk with my sister Caron and bought some
Organic Cranberries and collected some beautiful maple leaves along the way.

Here is a delicious #nosugar recipe for cranberry sauce for today's turkey using maple syrup instead of sugar.
1 pkg of fresh cranberries (227g) or (8 ounces)
1/2 cup water or orange juice
1/2 cup organic maple syrup
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
zest of one orange (I'm using a lemon as I don't have any oranges)

Boil water and syrup, add cranberries to boiling water boiling till they start to pop then simmer until most of the juices are gone. Approx 5-10 min. 


PS It's absolutely divine and so fresh tasting with fresh Organic Cranberries.

Michelle




No comments: